Dates to Remember
- Aug 27, 2018 - Abstract Submission Opens
- Apr 19, 2019 - Abstract Submission Closes (at 11:59 PM Central Time)
- May 17, 2019 - Digital Posters Due (at 11:59 PM Central Time)
- May 29 - May 31, 2019 - Conference Dates
- Jun 17, 2019 - Digital Archives and Proceedings Publication Available
Email notifications confirming receipt will be sent within 72 hours of submission. Every attempt will be made to notify the primary author of acceptance status within two weeks of original submission so registration and travel arrangements can be accommodated in a timely manner.
Accepted abstracts will be distributed via print format in the "Proceedings of New Cardiovascular Horizons 2019" publication. Complimentary copies will be available onsite at the conference May 29 - May 31, 2019 and can be downloaded in PDF format at www.ncvh.org/2019.
Accepted abstracts will be presented in digital poster format on a touchscreen display. This all-digital format will allow for vivid graphics and looping videos to be imbedded into posters in addition to or in lieu of still photographs. Click here to view a sample.
Abstracts are not presented orally at this conference, however, if the course directors chose to add the abstract content for presentation during the CME program, you will receive a separate faculty invitation.
Digital poster specifications for submission and display:
- Size: 1920x960 (16:8 aspect ratio)
- Format: PPTX (PowerPoint), PDF (with embedded fonts), PNG or JPG
- Quality: 300 dpi
- Videos: MP4 (send as an individual 30 second file and will be imbedded in poster on a loop)
The registration fee will be waived for fellows or residents with an accepted abstract following verification of active fellowship status from the program director.
Content GuidelinesAbstracts should address an area of cardiovascular disease, peripheral artery (or vascular) disease, diabetes, critical limb ischemia, podiatry, wound care and/or limb salvage. Content must constitute original research, but may include portions of prior abstracts and/or manuscripts presented elsewhere. Clinical studies, basic investigation and animal studies are equally encouraged to be submitted for review.
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
You MUST include Title, Author(s), Author Affiliation(s) and Category data in your abstract before the actual text of the abstract. (See example template below)
Abstracts must include: Background, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Critical Limb Ischemia
- Venous Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Podiatry/Wound Care
- Limb Salvage
Abstract titles should be concise and should not contain abbreviations. The first letter of each word should be capitalized.
The submitting author is automatically designated as the primary/presenting author.
Abstract FormatPlease submit a correctly formatted Microsoft Word Document, example provided below.
John D. Smith, MD1; Joe M. Smith, MD2, John W. Doe, MD1
Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA, USA1
Southwest Medical Center, Lafayette, LA, USA2
- The maximum number of words allowed is 450 (title, authors and affiliations do not count as part of the 450 words). The addition of a table deducts 50 words from the 450 word total.
- Use zeros before decimal points: 0.05, not .05. Use decimal points, not commas: 0.05, not 0,05. Use lowercase "p" values (p<0.05).
- Provide manufacturer name and location in parentheses for all brand or trade names. For brand drugs, include generic names in parentheses.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out in parentheses the first time it is used. Do not include references, credits or grant support.
Abstract WithdrawalRequests for abstract withdrawals must be received electronically by April 20, 2019 (at 11:59 PM Central Time). Withdrawal requests should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract Review and NotificationAbstracts are peer-reviewed by the NCVH peer-review committee selected by the NCVH course directors. All grading is blinded prior to peer-review.
For questions regarding abstracts, please contact Tom Best at email@example.com or 337.993.7920.