Physicians can use CO2 with more confidence due to technological advancements and improved methods of safe delivery. Extensive training of the uses of CO2 to improve patient care is warranted as physicians seek to provide the highest quality of care in the most economical environment. This educational activity will address the unique and complicated health care needs of those with renal insufficiency and allergy to iodinated contrast as well of the many disease entities where typical liquid contrast fails in the diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Describe the medical indications for the appropriate uses of CO2 as a vascular imaging agent
- Discuss how to safely deliver intravascular CO2 for imaging
- Indicate the uses of intravascular CO2 in a variety of procedures
- Describe CO2 utilization when contrast has failed
- Determine cost reduction benefits when using CO2
- Discuss the history, science, and future of CO2 as an imaging agent
- Increase their utilization of CO2 for various procedures.
- Employ strict safety protocols when using CO2.
- Experience cost reduction of patient services will be experienced when delivering CO2.